Med Research Case Study Outputs Repository (Med RCSOR)
Aim and Objectives
The overall objective of this activity was to develop a structured knowledge base on policy research case study outputs around selected water resources management and marine pollution reduction topics (linked to the SWIM and H2020 themes) that can easily be accessed by all interested parties, and which provides a targeted knowledge support tool to the policy community (policy and decision-makers, water and environmental managers and planners). The knowledge base is built arount the following main concepts:
- Components: The SWIM-H2020 SM Project is the continuation and merging of two successful previous EU funded service contracts, Horizon 2020 Capacity Building/Mediterranean Environment Programme (H2020 CB/MEP- Component) (2009-2014) and the Sustainable Water Integrated Management Support Mechanism (SWIM SM Component) (2010-2015).
- Case studies: Using a template and pre-screening criteria 24 selected research and innovation projects (case studies), which are of interest for better policy making and practice in ENP South countries and address themes related to SWIM-H2020 SM were selected for further analysis.
- Beneficiaries: A beneficiary is any legal entity who gains an advantage and/or benefits from the project.
- Policy context: EU policy requirements and EU Directives or national and regional policy challenges and/or requirements that were aimed to be addressed.
- Themes: The SWIM-H2020 SM is structured around some key "vertical" and "horizontal" themes from which the partner countries can eventually select an activity to be implemented.
Target groupThe target group and beneficiaries of the activity are the following:
- Policy and decision makers (in the PCs, EU and beyond)
- Managers and planners involved in water management issues and the three H2020 topics
- Scientific community (academia, researchers)
- Business community (SMEs, water and environmental professionals, etc.)